Product Marketing Manager
Skedulo, a fast-growing SaaS company based in the FiDi neighborhood in San Francisco, is looking for a product marketing manager who can multiply the impact of product marketing across our organization.
Skedulo is the platform for intelligent mobile workforce management. Our solution helps enterprises intelligently manage, schedule, dispatch, and track resources in the field, whether they are full-time, part-time, or contract employees. Skedulo is a flexible solution with many use cases that vary by industry and geography; you will inform our strategy and help us execute in each of a variety of go-to-market channels and environments.
At Skedulo, you will take a customer-focused approach to product marketing. By refining our ideal customer profiles through research and collaboration with marketing, sales, product, customer success, and finance, you will enable to our go-to-market strategy to win in our target markets.
The person who excels in this role will be focused, creative, have attention to detail, and the ability to project manage across internal teams and external vendors. You’ll work with an ambitious, supportive team of experienced marketers who you can learn a lot from and who look forward to learning from you.
Skedulo is simply a great place to work. Our people are positive, supportive, and talented. We have big visions and ambitions, and we work together to realize them. We are at a stage of fast growth, which means you’ll need to stay focused, collaborative, and strategic as needs and headcount multiply. You will have the opportunity to develop professionally and be coached by people who care about your growth and want you to succeed.
If you made it this far in reading this job summary, you just might be the type of person who will excel in this job. Send us your resume or CV and a short cover letter telling us a bit about yourself and why this job is interesting to you. We look forward to hearing from you!
P.S. Applications submitted without any cover letter will not be considered. Attention to detail matters, as does writing quality.Functional Responsibilities
- Ideal customer profiles. This is the heart of a targeted go-to-market operation. You will leverage data and institutional knowledge to help refine our ideal customer profiles, evangelize them in the company, and enable the go-to-market team to understand and pursue ideal customers.
- Sales and partner enablement. This will be where you spend most of your time. You will help a busy, global sales organization stay on top of how our platform is expanding, the customer profiles and use cases we are targeting, and how to position our products and brand. You will provide the content they need to sell effectively, such as sales decks, data sheets, FAQs, etc. For our partners, you will produce high quality collateral that helps sales reps from other companies understand what Skedulo is, the value we offer to their customers, and when to bring us into a deal.
- Release marketing. Our platform is growing fast. We need the market and our customers to understand the value of new product features, product direction, and how we are different from other solutions. You will own release marketing. Run with it!
- Competitive analysis and win/loss. Skedulo is a cross-category solution. As we play in different categories and markets, we need to keep our go-to-market team and the entire company knowledgeable about the competition and how to win against them. You will support these critical projects.
- Customer marketing. Our customers have great stories with Skedulo. You will work with our customers and customer success team to capture these stories in detail and produce case studies, testimonials, webinars, and other customer marketing content.
- Content development. Our content strategy has paid off and we plan to expand on it. We have high editorial standards and generally follow AP style. You will work with the marketing team and agencies to support our content strategy by developing new content, including blogs, thought leadership, case studies, webinars, etc. Developing market-facing content in many forms should be a natural extension of the other work you are doing.
- Other things we’ll figure out together. What do you want to work on? How do you want to grow? Prove yourself with the responsibilities above, and we’ll create a rewarding growth path for you, together.
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience plus 3-5 years experience in marketing. Grad degree not required, but welcome.
- 1-3 years of previous product marketing experience preferred. Previous marketing experience required.
- SaaS experience strongly preferred.
- Drive. This is a great company for people who love to love their work.
- Focus and judgement. We are a growing company. You can always do more stuff. Success at our stage is in focusing on the right things and avoiding unforced errors.
- Creativity and problem solving skills. We love finding better ways to do things.
- Unafraid to ask questions, and proactive about finding answers when they aren’t readily available.
- Results-oriented and data-driven.
- Excellent writing skills with high editorial standards.
- Project management skills and understanding of how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of agreed upon KPIs.
- A positive and collaborative attitude in the workplace.
- Experience working globally preferred.
- Fun, creative and fast-paced working environment
- Be a part of a talented and supportive team
- Great healthcare packages
- Generous 401K contributions
- Kitchen stocked with snacks & drinks
- 7 paid sick days per year
- 4 weeks paid leave per year
- An international team and globally minded business